Wednesday 25 March 2015

WEEK 2

After my (not so good) attempt at circles/spheres and rounded shapes in SketchUp I've decided to move over to square/rectangular and linear shapes - developing a section i envisioned being made with solid wooden beams.


Using the top one as my first attempt, and then the 3rd one down as a further developed/larger space with mezzanine levels etc. 


Here is the start of the SketchUp model - 


(much more to human scale this time)

THE STAIR
My development of my chosen stair - 




two words (from week 1) - timeless, running
material selection - timber - the natural pattern and colour that is seen in all species of timbers is so inspiring and I believe it gives such a beautiful, textured complexity to an otherwise 'simple' space.

No comments:

Post a Comment